3M Prestige 40 External Window Film.
Cossham Hospital, Bristol.
North Bristol NHS Trust.
Customer Brief –
- Patients at Cossham Memorial Hospital, Bristol are struggling to cope with the high solar gains through the windows in the warm weather during the summer months.
- Want an effective solution that will eliminate the need for air conditioning within the treatment rooms.
- Do not affect the aesthetics of the Grade II listed buildings façade i.e. have a low reflective surface to reduce the visual impact.
- Cause minimum disruption to the hospital during window film installation.
- Longest possible genuine warranty.
Applied Products were approached by a long running customer of ours, North Bristol NHS Trust to stop the heat gains through the glass during the summer months when temperatures would exceed 30 degrees centigrade in some treatment rooms.
As the aesthetics of the Grade II listed building were very important, a low reflective film was needed to have a low visual impact and to maintain high levels of natural daylight entering the room. Yet, in order to achieve the performance that the client needed an external film was the best choice.
- 3M Prestige 40 External Solar Control Film was chosen:
- Has total solar energy rejection of 61%.
- Has a very low reflective finish.
- Maintains maximum light levels through the glass.
- 3M PR40 also benefits from a comprehensive manufacturer backed 10 year external warranty.
- Solar control window films effectively save energy and improve users comfort by reducing glare and solar heat gain through the building’s glass.
Applied Products are experts in listening to your requirements and providing the most appropriate solutions. Expert advice, expertly fitted.